Unable to set Search Index using MongoDB Compass on Atlas Local

I’ve deployed Atlas Locally.

The DB is working fine, I have queried using find and it is giving results.
I’ve been testing the MFlix example for embeddings and vector search for RAG.

Earlier I had setup a search index using MongoDB compass, as I could not find a proper way to establish it with the settings in Mongo Shell.

This vector search implementation worked.

However after a few days, I’m unable to run vector search. And when checking Compass, it doesn’t allow me to view the Search Index options.

So Im thinking something happened between that disabled Search Index.

I’m using the langchain MongoDBAtlasVectorSearch class for performing my chain. It was working fine as mentioned above, but now it is not.

Error:
pymongo.errors.OperationFailure: PlanExecutor error during aggregation :: caused by :: Error connecting to 10.89.2.11:27027 :: caused by :: onInvoke :: caused by :: No route to host, full error: {‘ok’: 0.0, ‘errmsg’: ‘PlanExecutor error during aggregation :: caused by :: Error connecting to 10.89.2.11:27027 :: caused by :: onInvoke :: caused by :: No route to host’, ‘code’: 6, ‘codeName’: ‘HostUnreachable’, ‘$clusterTime’: {‘clusterTime’: Timestamp(1718807020, 1), ‘signature’: {‘hash’: b’\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00’, ‘keyId’: 0}}, ‘operationTime’: Timestamp(1718807020, 1)}

It’s more likely that your IP address changed and you need to add your current address to the allow list1 under network access. Check this in the docs for more information: https://www.mongodb.com/docs/atlas/security/ip-access-list/

1 Like

Can you elaborate on this? How did you deploy Atlas locally?