Unclear server warnings with default docker image of mongo 8

My deployment is based on the default mongo:8 docker image. I started noticing several warnings on startup. It can be reproduced very easily without any customization:

# Start a server
docker run -d --name mongo mongo:8
# login interactively
docker exec -it mongo sh -c 'mongosh'

The server immediately shows these warnings:

The server generated these startup warnings when booting
Using the XFS filesystem is strongly recommended with the WiredTiger storage engine. See http://dochub.mongodb.org/core/prodnotes-filesystem
Access control is not enabled for the database. Read and write access to data and configuration is unrestricted
For customers running the current memory allocator, we suggest changing the contents of the following sysfsFile
For customers running the current memory allocator, we suggest changing the contents of the following sysfsFile
We suggest setting the contents of sysfsFile to 0.
Your system has glibc support for rseq built in, which is not yet supported by tcmalloc-google and has critical performance implications. Please set the environment variable GLIBC_TUNABLES=glibc.pthread.rseq=0
vm.max_map_count is too low

I am a bit surprised the default docker image is apparently improperly configured. For example why does the docker image not set this GLIBC_TUNABLES variable by default? The other warnings are a bit unclear, it is not clear where the sysfsFile is located.

Should we modify vm.max_map_count on the host or the guest container?

Is there an alternative mongo-8 docker image that works out of the box?

Hi @Jeroen_Ooms1

Some of those (XFS, vm.max_map_count) can only be set on the host or invocation of the image.

Others are better addressed on Issues · docker-library/mongo · GitHub I’m not sure the maintainers are active here.